Barossa Regional Procurement Group
The Mid Murray Council entered into a Memorandum of Understanding on 1 September 2014 with the following Councils:-
- Adelaide Plains Council;
- Light Regional Council;
- The Barossa Council; and
- Town of Gawler.
The intent is to form an alliance known as the Barossa Regional Procurement Group, in order to benefit from economies of scale, increase the range and quality of services and, where possible, reduce the cost of services to ratepayers through a consultative and collaborative approach.
The aims of the Barossa Regional Procurement Group are:-
- To enhance the local economy, where possible, of the member Councils;
- Improve individual internal processes for compliance, probity and efficiencies;
- Standardise documents utilised by the Group for the benefit of local suppliers;
- Provide cost savings and efficiencies with operational expenditure; and
- Provide cost savings, efficiencies and improved delivery of capital expenditure.
A number of regional procurements have been called, some are currently undergoing a tender process, and a number are listed for a future procurement process.
Should you wish to peruse the tenders relating to the Barossa Regional Procurement Group please refer to the Barossa Regional Procurement Group Tender Register provided under the Tenders section.
Should you want to seek further information on the Barossa Regional Procurement Group please contact the Procurement Officer or visit www.barossaregionalprocurement.com.