COVID-19 Rate Repayment Plan
Mid Murray ratepayers who have lost their jobs, suffered business downturns or been financially impacted by the current COVID-19 pandemic can now access new relief measures.
The Mid Murray Council is offering assistance options for people affected through its new Rates Hardship Policy and COVID-19 Extraordinary Hardship Relief Plan.
The measures include:
- Waiving fines for late payment of rates for both the June and September 2020 installments on properties within the Mid Murray Council district;
- Offering repayment plans (by application) for affected eligible residential and business ratepayers for rates due in June and September 2020 that will include the waiving of interest on rates owed until mid-December 2020.
Council is also adopting other support opportunities including:
- Supporting local businesses by reducing payment terms for suppliers to fast-track payment to businesses;
- Providing commercial leasing relief in negotiation with its tenants in line with the Federal Government’s new Mandatory Code of Conduct for Commercial leases;
- Giving consideration on application by community groups whose income has been reduced for assistance with ongoing expenses (ie. utility costs, repairs, etc);
- Providing alternative payment arrangements such as:
- Switching to weekly, fortnightly or monthly rate payments via BPAY, phone, CentrePay, direct debit or online;
- Rate postponement for seniors who are suffering hardship and meet the relevant criteria.
The measures aim to provide direct relief for those affected by COVID-19 shut-downs and restrictions.
Read the full media release here.
To apply for relief please use the link below to lodge your application, or if you would like to receive further information, please contact Rates Officer Julie Caire - 8569 0100 or email@example.com